Visit the “News” page for the latest information! Updated 09/15/2016.
UPCOMING REGIONAL EVENTS
2016 Regional IPO Championship: September 23-25
- Hosted by: Placer County Schutzhund Club in Lincoln, CA
- Judges: USCA Judge Bob Johantgen (Tracking) and USCA Judge Frank Phillips (OB/Prot)
- Registration: Trial Information can be found on the event website.
2016 Regional Meeting – September 24th
- Location: Outdoor Patio at California Pizza Kitchen in The Fountains, 1190 Roseville Parkway, Roseville Ca 95678
- Agenda: NW Region Meeting Agenda and Attachments – Proposed Regional Guidelines, and Amendment to Helper Selection at Regional Championships
From the very beginning, the Northwestern Region has played an integral role in the history of Schutzhund in the United States. Officially designated as a region within United Schutzhund Clubs of America in 1976, the Northwestern Region has been home to many of the individuals involved in the beginnings of Schutzhund and USCA. It was in the Santa Clara Valley in Northern California that Schutzhund was first introduced into the U.S., through immigrant Gernot Riedel in 1957. In 1959, the first Schutzhund club in the United States was formed in Santa Clara: the Peninsula Police Canine Corps (now Peninsula Canine Corps, or PCC). Continue reading