Visit the “News” page for the latest information! Updated 09/15/2016.
2017 Regional Conformation Show and Breed Survey: June 9-11
- Hosted by: Menlo Park Schutzhund Club, La Honda, CA
- Judge: SV Peter Arth
- Website: More information will be posted on the MPSC website as the event draws closer.
2017 Regional IPO Championship: September 16-17
- Hosted by: Central Coast Schutzhund Club in Hollister, CA
- Judges: Willie Pope (Tracking) and Bill Szenmiklosi (OB, Protection)
- Website: CCSC Facebook Page
From the very beginning, the Northwestern Region has played an integral role in the history of Schutzhund in the United States. Officially designated as a region within United Schutzhund Clubs of America in 1976, the Northwestern Region has been home to many of the individuals involved in the beginnings of Schutzhund and USCA. It was in the Santa Clara Valley in Northern California that Schutzhund was first introduced into the U.S., through immigrant Gernot Riedel in 1957. In 1959, the first Schutzhund club in the United States was formed in Santa Clara: the Peninsula Police Canine Corps (now Peninsula Canine Corps, or PCC). Continue reading